Knowmad Adventures in conjunction with the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum is proud to announce an incredible group trip “Lost Lands of the Inca: An Exploration of Peru, Machu Picchu, and the Amazon.” The trip is our seventh with the Arboretum and comes in the wake of an extremely successful trip to Costa Rica last year. It is open to Arboretum members as well as non-members – this includes you!
We’ve received many sign-ups for the trip already and space is limited, so register today!
The 14-day trip (March 25th – April 7th, 2018) will explore the gardens, cultures, and landscapes of the Sacred Valley of the Inca, Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu, and the Amazon Basin.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TRIP
- See the famed Lost City of Machu Picchu and marvel at its wonders
- Fish for piranha amidst the exotic flora and fauna of the Amazon
- Admire Lima’s renowned parklands and other historic sites of the capital city
- Taste a celebratory pachamanca meal in the shadow of snow-capped Andean peaks
- Contemplate thousands of Peruvian artifacts in the classified art and history collection of the Larco Museum
- Wander the cobblestone streets and colorful bustling markets of Cusco
- View the jungle canopy from a new perspective as you walk hanging bridges woven through the treetops near your eco-luxury lodge
- Relish Peruvian cuisine as you try your own hand at preparing traditional dishes such as lomo saltado or ceviche
- Unravel mysteries of the Inca at historic ruins and ancient agricultural terraces of the Sacred Valley
- Share in the rituals of vibrant indigenous Andean cultures as you weave with the Amaru community
- Wander through nearly 400 native orchid species at one of the world’s largest collections
- Relax at carefully selected boutique accommodations in spectacular natural settings
- Enjoy the specialized knowledge of your trip escort, Arboretum Director Peter Moe
- $300 tax-deductible donation to the Arboretum included. Your donation helps less fortunate public gardens around the world in their conservation efforts.
TRIP LAND COST $4,900 per traveler, double occupancy
Includes: 12 nights deluxe & boutique accommodations, 80% of meals, and all guided excursions & related transportation
Not Included: Estimated international and regional airfare = $1,100 – $1,550 approximately
For a full Trip Information Packet call Knowmad Adventures at 1-877-616-TRIP, extension 107 for Kayli or write [email protected]. We look forward to you joining this fabulous adventure!
Hasta Pronto, Knowmad Adventurers!
Knowmad Adventures works closely with independent-minded travelers creating innovative trips to South America. Our specialists in Patagonia, Chile, Machu Picchu, Peru, Argentina, the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador and Antarctica are eager to collaborate and create a trip as unique and authentic as you are, and our experienced South American operations team guarantees you get an insider’s perspective, superior values, and a flawlessly-operated trip.
Note: This post was originally posted on December 6, 2012 and was adjusted to include the most up-to-date information on August 16, 2017.