St. Olaf Alumni & Family Travel, in conjunction with Knowmad Adventures, is proud to announce an incredible Argentina and Chile group trip to South America. This 15-day trip, from August 5th to August 19th, 2018, is available to anyone who wishes to register and will highlight the breathtaking landscapes and fascinating culture & history of Argentina and Chile.
Two Weeks in Central Chile, Easter Island & Argentine Wine Country
- Dive into the culture and history of Santiago, exploring the sights and sounds of Chile’s dynamic capital;
- Meander coastal Valparaiso’s cobblestone streets and World Heritage architecture;
- Enjoy vineyard visits and tastings in the hills of Casablanca Valley;
- Contemplate the mysteries of Easter Island, and witness the variety amongst the more than 1,000 moai statues;
- Bask in the sun on the white sand beach, or bathe in the blue waters of Anakena;
- Take in the view of the crater lake at the top of the Rano Kau volcano;
- Travel back in time at the ceremonial village and petroglyphs of Orongo;
- Explore the city and history of Mendoza, and learn local gastronomic techniques from one of the region’s renowned chefs;
- Sip local varieties in the Uco Valley of Mendoza, and try your hand at creating your own wine blend;
- Marvel at the natural beauty of the Villavicencio Reserve before experiencing a traditional Argentine asado;
- Relax at carefully selected boutique accommodations in spectacular and varied natural settings.
Begin in Chile’s cosmopolitan capital of Santiago and then head 90 minutes west to wander the labyrinthine streets of Valparaíso. Next, explore one of the most remote inhabited islands in the world, Easter Island, where you will learn the secrets of its enigmatic past and witness the beauty and historical sites that make the island so unique. Continue on to Argentina to taste its world-famous Malbec wine in the idyllic vineyards of Mendoza. Experience the region’s compelling history, delicious gastronomy, pristine natural environment, and more as you step off the beaten path.
This trip is available to the general public. To find out more information, or to register for this trip, visit the St. Olaf Alumni & Family Travel page.
DAYS 1-4 Arrive in and explore Santiago, Valparaíso & the Central Valley.
DAYS 5-9 Experience the wonder of Easter Island.
DAYS 10-14 Relax and unwind in Argentine wine country.
DAY 15 Arrive home.
Contact the St. Olaf Alumni & Family Travel Office at (507) 786-3629 or [email protected] for more information. This trip will likely sell out and space is limited!
Knowmad Adventures works closely with independent-minded travelers creating innovative trips to South America. Our specialists in Patagonia, Chile, Machu Picchu, Peru, Argentina, the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador and Antarctica are eager to collaborate and create a trip as unique and authentic as you are, and our experienced South American operations team guarantees you get an insider’s perspective, superior values, and a flawlessly-operated trip.