Knowmad Adventures in conjunction with the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum is proud to announce an incredible group tour to the Galapagos Islands and Ecuador. “Darwin’s Galapagos Islands and the Flora and Fauna of Ecuador” is a two week journey that will highlight the incredible landscapes and diverse ecosystems of mainland Ecuador, and includes a luxurious 6-day small ship cruise around Darwin’s Galapagos Islands which are full of fascinating endemic species and beautiful volcanic landscapes. Join Director Emeritus Peter Olin and Knowmad Co-Founder Jordan Harvey along with excellent local guides. In addition to cruising the Galapagos, on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure, you will have unique cultural interactions, explore the cloud forest’s plants, orchids, and over 132 hummingbird species, visit a rose plantation, and much more!
This is our third trip with the Arboretum coming in the wake of extremely successful trips to Machu Picchu and Peru as well as Chile and Argentina. The trip is open to Arboretum members as well as non-members – this includes you!
We have received many sign ups for the trip already and space is limited. Register prior to October 1st to receive your early bird sign up for the Galapagos Islands and Ecuador trip of a lifetime!
Highlights of the Galapagos Islands and Ecuador Trip:
- Cruise the Galapagos Islands aboard a luxury class yacht with less than 100 passengers
- Enjoy naturalist-led excursions to discover myriad endemic species and unique landscapes
- See the sites and gardens of Quito; Ecuador’s capital and a UNESCO World Heritage site for colonial architecture
- Visit the Pahuma Orchid reserve, home to an astonishing variety of orchids, other flora, and bird species
- Stay in a private reserve in Mindo, home to 400 bird species and countless endemic butterfly species
- Enjoy lavish meals at historic haciendas (ranch properties)
- Tour a massive rose plantation
- Browse and shop in the largest indigenous market in all Latin America
- Walk near a volcanic crater with abundant bromeliads and plant life
- Do it in style! This luxurious adventure highlights carefully selected accommodations in a variety of settings
- Trip escorted by Arboretum Director Emeritus Peter Olin and Knowmad co-Founder Jordan Harvey
- $300 tax-deductible donation to the Arboretum included
- Travel in a small group of less than 25
- Per Person Land Cost: $4,995
- Includes 6 nights deluxe and boutique hotel accommodations, a 6 day Galapagos cruise aboard MV Santa Cruz, 90% of meals, & all guided excursions and related transportation.
- Not included: estimated international and Galapagos airfare = $1,500
For a full Galapagos Islands and Ecuador Trip Information Packet call Knowmad Adventures at (1-877-616-TRIP) or write (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call Peter Olin at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum (952-443-1412).