Knowmad is excited to be featured in the Active Over 50’s 2016 Travel Issue. Our Peru Active Explorer itinerary is showcased in the Adventure Travel Resource Guide authored by Don Mankin, a recognized writer and world traveler.
Follow the link to see the full Adventure Travel Resource Guide in the Active Over 50 magazine and keep reading to learn more about Knowmad’s Peru Active Explorer trip idea.
Peru Active Explorer Quick info
A more active approach to the Incan lands of Peru, on this trip you’ll find yourself day hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, downhill mountain biking through Andean villages, exploring and unwinding in the Sacred Valley with options to horseback ride or whitewater raft, and discovering Cusco and Machu Picchu with time for independent explorations.
- Hike part of the ancient Inca Trail to Machu Picchu for a full day of exploring the Lost City
- Mountain bike through the Andean countryside, indigenous villages, and ancient salt pans
- Get off the beaten path while discovering the ancient ways of the Amaru villagers and bargain for colorful, hand-woven textiles in traditional Pisac market
- Lunch in a centuries-old hacienda while relaxing in the Sacred Valley
- Optional opportunities for horseback riding and whitewater rafting
- $2,395 per person (4 or more travelers)
- $2,565 per person (3 travelers)
- $2,890 per person (2 travelers)
Additionally, regional airfare is estimated at $440 (Lima/Cusco & Cusco/Lima—subject to change). Knowmad Adventures is happy to book and issue these tickets for you.
- $705 single supplement – rates quoted are per person, based on sharing double accommodations. If you request single accommodations you are required to pay the single supplement.
TYPE Flexible Date Private Departures. You choose the date, your travel companions and one of our adventures. This is great for families, groups of friends and couples.
MODERATE TRIP More active trips that may feature hiking at elevation, kayaking, horseback riding and more. Suitable for most people in good health, these trips may also venture into remote territory and more rugged terrain.
DEPARTURES Year round; can be set up to match your dates. The Peruvian highlands high season coincides with their dry season from May through October (see weather section below). The low and rainy season can also be a greener and less crowded time to visit. Consult us for more information on the time of year that best suites you.
LENGTH 9 days – 8 nights comfortable hotels BEGIN / END Lima, Peru
We’re regional experts here at Knowmad Adventures and pride ourselves in building custom trips that are a perfect fit for our travelers. Please click the following link if you’re interested in looking at the Peru Active Explorer detailed itinerary – complete with photos, lodging information, trip extensions suggests and more. If you want to travel to South America, but this particular trip doesn’t resonate with you, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Trip Specialists at 612-394-2894 or email@example.com to begin planning your trip today!